Is the US version of HVR-Z1 also a 50i cam?

Lars.Erik

Hello.

Have a bit of a problem. I'm in the US and our cam gear hasn't arrived due to DHL forgetting to attach the carnèt with the shipment. Great.

Need to shoot a bit with a US cam, and since shooting NTSC and converting to PAL doesn't seem like the best idea, I thought about using the HVR-Z1.

In Europe this cam can be switched to 60i with the switch of a menu button. Is this the same case with the NTSC version? Will it switch over to PAL? Need info ASAP...

Thank you very much for any info.

We will be shooting interlace.

Lars Erik

• Premium Member
Hello.

Have a bit of a problem. I'm in the US and our cam gear hasn't arrived due to DHL forgetting to attach the carnèt with the shipment. Great.

Need to shoot a bit with a US cam, and since shooting NTSC and converting to PAL doesn't seem like the best idea, I thought about using the HVR-Z1.

In Europe this cam can be switched to 60i with the switch of a menu button. Is this the same case with the NTSC version? Will it switch over to PAL? Need info ASAP...

Thank you very much for any info.

We will be shooting interlace.

Lars Erik

Sure, it can be switched to 50i - the only difference between Z1 variants around the world (i.e. Z1U, Z1E, Z1N, Z1P) is the set of supported menu languages, everything else is the same, as far as I know.

To switch between standards you go to the OTHERS menu where the last item is "50i/60i SEL", you confirm that, camera will reboot, and then it will indicate 50i on display (or 60i if it was in 50i before).

Edited by marts