Im new to all of this...

Guest theweedude

Guest theweedude

Ok, so I'm new to cinematography, and I have no idea about anything basically, haha. I was influenced to find out more after I watched my favorite snowboard video (Afterlame) and realized that the beautiful cinematography and HD shots in the video where not shot by a GL2, haha. I'm experienced a bit in DV and DV editing. It's simple enough anyways, shoot, upload and edit. But I do not understand film and editing. I'm learning about the different size mm film and why each one is different, and things like that. Also, I'm trying to find out information about how Super 8mm and 16mm and such goes from the film in the camera to, lets say, a dvd. Can you get these types of film onto your computer and edit them? How exactly to you edit this type of film and get it onto a dvd for viewing? Also, where can I find cameras Sorry if this was an inapropriate board to post this.

Edited by theweedude

First, off you'll be asked by other board members to post using your real name. Like most of us do here.

Second, yes you can edit film footage on your computer, after it has been transfered to video tape of course and then loaded via tape into your computer.

R,

• Premium Member

Hey man,

You'll find more helpfull advice in the First time filmmakers forum. Most of the guys in this forum won't take the time to help you with your questions. It's not that they don't respect you. It's just that they are interested in cinematography at a different level.

Good luck in your movie making,

Paul

• Premium Member

Please sign your posts with your name so we know who you are. Anyone from an experience level

of 0 to 30 years etc.,should be welcome to post here. Please do not take issue with David Mullen on

this matter of signing posts. He has the experience in the film industry and the integrity to be able to

tell you why you should sign your posts. Those who know must meet the challenge of leading those

who do not know. Most important along with the leadership is the continuing education of those enter-

ing the film industry. If you care enough to inquire then stand on your own two feet and let us know

who you are. Many times I have offered to provide manuals,books for those who cannot afford it as

an aid to those sincere about filmmaking. The real heroes here are the guys who continue to strive on-

ward,to continue filmmaking against all possible odds. Some time when you feel like taking time please

browse around the forum and look what David Mullen has invested in this forum. There is a lot here for

you to learn based on real experience,film school education;provided by David Mullen ASC. Also when

you have time visit the ASC website and see what those three letters stand for. Anyone who wishes to

take issue with this matter may e-mail me (address listed on forum) or call me at 717-233-9065.

Greg Gross

Ok, so I'm new to cinematography, and I have no idea about anything basically, haha. I was influenced to find out more after I watched my favorite snowboard video (Afterlame) and realized that the beautiful cinematography and HD shots in the video where not shot by a GL2, haha. I'm experienced a bit in DV and DV editing. It's simple enough anyways, shoot, upload and edit. But I do not understand film and editing. I'm learning about the different size mm film and why each one is different, and things like that. Also, I'm trying to find out information about how Super 8mm and 16mm and such goes from the film in the camera to, lets say, a dvd. Can you get these types of film onto your computer and edit them? How exactly to you edit this type of film and get it onto a dvd for viewing? Also, where can I find cameras Sorry if this was an inapropriate board to post this.

If you don`t find your answers here (but i am sure you`ll do) ceck out www.creativecow.com