HDR-FX1 inquiry

warner brown

Good afternoon and Hi all, I'm new to the HD world and am considering buying an HDR-FX1.

I understand it doesn't have 24fps (or '24p' whatever the difference is, i'm lost on that part and will have to read up on it), but this seems like no problem since once imported into Final Cut pro, I could export the footage as 24fps right?

However, would it serve framerate accuracy to find a 24p converter instead, and if so where could i find one?

I think there also is an XLR converter you can buy for the camera, but i'm not sure. sorry for all the questions. I'm cautiously shopping to make sure i get the best piece of equipment possible for the price, I'm not sure where i should go either for the best deal.

The FX-1 was highly recommended to me, yet i've heard it's not great for a film look, more of a soap op look but that all depends on it's application of course i assume. I'm keeping my eye out for alternatives. Would anyone have other camera recommendations, or is the FX-1 pretty much the best thing? (if i wanted to shoot shorts films/features etc.) and retain as much of a film look as possible? under right lighting/set conditions obviously.

def would appreciate any comments/suggestions or links!

thanks!

warner brown