footage from DVinfo

Julianthebruce

Well I just downloaded some great clips people have shot on the HVX200, and posted on DVinfo.net. And the proof is in, this camera is well worth its very cheap price tag. The quicktime player i have works fine for viewing the clips, but i cannot import them to final cut pro HD, or DVD pro studio 4. The two basketball clips posted work great, but all the other clips cannot be recognized. If there is some plug-in, for final cut pro HD version 4.5 or something for DVD pro studio 4; I would be very grateful for any advice on getting the HD clips on to a DVD. The college i work for is planning on buying 3 DVX100B's this spring. So i am desperately trying to put together a info package on why 2 HVX200's are soooo much better. any advice is much appreciated.

Make sure you have the DVCPROHD codec installed; it's not a codec that was installed by default with FCP 4.5. Also, if you can swing an upgrade to 5.0, it's well worth it for HVX use - they have made several improvements specific to the HVX in the latest release and that would undoubtedly help your situation as well.