lens cleaning redux

Robert Glenn

I posted a couple months back about cleaning my lenses as safely as possible. I ended up getting pancro and a lens cloth, but it left cloth lint and streaked much of the oraganic residue across the element. I decided to use opti*clean if you've heard of it, but it hasn't been offered in the USA apart from really expensive 120 dollar 100mL offerings minimum. Anyhow the owner of the company that offers those large quantities has decided to offer 8mL bottles of it for about 30 dollars. It's amazing stuff, and it cleaned everything off my lens without having to do any sort of rubbing. Anyhow they're going to offer the opticlean (rebranded as first contact) in 8mL bottles for lens owners, so i wanted to give a shameless plug for them. http://www.opticlean.com/

Edited by RobertNC

I posted a couple months back about cleaning my lenses as safely as possible. I ended up getting pancro and a lens cloth, but it left cloth lint and streaked much of the oraganic residue across the element. I decided to use opti*clean if you've heard of it, but it hasn't been offered in the USA apart from really expensive 120 dollar 100mL offerings minimum. Anyhow the owner of the company that offers those large quantities has decided to offer 8mL bottles of it for about 30 dollars. It's amazing stuff, and it cleaned everything off my lens without having to do any sort of rubbing. Anyhow they're going to offer the opticlean (rebranded as first contact) in 8mL bottles for lens owners, so i wanted to give a shameless plug for them. http://www.opticlean.com/

I like Formula MC with Luminex microfiber cleaning cloths.

Steven