How to process fomapan?

Hello,

I'd like to process Fomapan 16mm and DS8 reversal in my lomotank with the same chemicals I use for Tri-X.

can anyone tell me how to process corectly fomapan(reversal), whitout the processingkit from foma? I heard that one had to let it a little longer in the bleach- or clearbath to get rid of the antihalolayer?

regards, Bernhard

Hello,

I'd like to process Fomapan 16mm and DS8 reversal in my lomotank with the same chemicals I use for Tri-X.

can anyone tell me how to process corectly fomapan(reversal), whitout the processingkit from foma? I heard that one had to let it a little longer in the bleach- or clearbath to get rid of the antihalolayer?

regards, Bernhard

This should help you out...

http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=11

Steven

• Premium Member

B)-->

QUOTE(Steven B @ Jan 26 2006, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that is the process using FOMA official formulas, Including "Fomadon LQR" developer. (formula not given.)

Anyone have some solid recomendations for running it in the formulas given by Kodak for TXR, and PXR? Perferably with the new formaulas that don't use the Hevey Metal bleach. (K2Cr2O7)

• Premium Member
Perferably with the new formaulas that don't use the Hevey Metal bleach. (K2Cr2O7)

The old bleach used potassium dichromate. Chromium is a "heavy metal". Needed special treatment to be disposed of properly. NEVER just put it down the drain.