K3 bought from Lemiu on E-Bay

Erdwolf_TVL

Well, I took the K3 gamble and I am not disappointed. But I'd lie if I said it couldn't be better.

The screws holding the lens-thread to the camera body appears to have stripped during transportation. A big problem for one who would like to pick up the camera and shoot. I will taper a new tread and replace the scews with beefier ones. Come to think of it, I could also replace it with a tiny nut-and-bolt.

Luckily the camera has enough space to accomodate these changes.

One of the filters has a scratch mark. Luckily, filters aren't too expensive. I will be binning the scratched filter.

The zoom lens is enormous and has a lot of glass, but feels a bit cheap. The mechanism isn't as sooth as that of my Pentax still camera (that's why the K3 is currently fitted with my 50mm prime :P)

Right now, I'm waiting for my Kodachrome to come back from Kodak. If it is free from scratch marks and the registration is acceptable, I will be posting positive feedback with note to the above.

Anyone else dealt with him? Any other experiences in this regard?

He was advertising "as new" it was anything but....

. dust through out the camera

. came with no filter's as promised

. had a load of dirty film still inside

. light meter didn't work

. case didn't shut tight

. screws missing inside

. lens wasn't smooth

. it sounded like a sewing machine

I gave him the feed back from Hell!!

He lives in America but ships the K3's from the Ukraine, so he no idea what they look like.

He did give me a full refund

Hi.

I bought a K3 from him as well. I am quite happy with my purchase. the camera body and lens seems to be unused. Some of the filters had not scratches but greasy fingerprints on them, a plus though was that I got more filters than it said I would. The camerabag is very old and used, it also had a very distinct smell :) I removed the loopfeeders and the camera works perfect, not a scratch on the film. Have not tried the integrated lightmeter. Since the camera works well I'm very satisfied.

Adam Wallensten

He was advertising "as new" it was anything but....

I had a similar experience. There's no such thing as a new K3 anyways, but I expected it to be mint if it was advertised as new. One of the filters was damaged and the camera had some wear. It scratched every foot of film that went through it. I got some money back for the damaged filter, but the scratching problem made the camera unusable. I tried making mods to the feeder, but the camera never worked properly after I put the flimsy plate back on. I'd rather work with a 50 year old Bolex than a 12 year old K3 anyday.

I didn't buy from that guy, buy my k3 was fine. Everything worked as advertised. Some sellers sell unsold stock from the 80s and 90s, others sell used cameras from second hand shops (You have that problem alot with 35mm rangrinders.) so it is something of a crap shot if you don't know what exactly the sellers is selling.

It does seem that a least if you get a carp one, you should get a refund. But don't assume the worst. Find out what you got. If there is a problem, contact the seller right away and try to get it resolved.

Good Luck

Joe

• Premium Member
It does seem that a least if you get a carp one, you should get a refund. But don't assume the worst. Find out what you got. If there is a problem, contact the seller right away and try to get it resolved.

One problem of course is that the shipping is always at least a third of the price, maybe half. Even if you get a refund for sending itback you are out almost the entire price. That is why I have not bought one to try.