Bonnut Film Studio's Completed Project

Bonnut Film Studio has finished it?s first in a handful of short films leading up to the production of our first Feature Length film. ?Wolf in the Fold? was filmed completely on Super 8 in Tri-X and Plus-X, with the exception of the time lapse, which was shot with a still camera with Tri-X.

The style of the film is mainly German Expressionist (i.e. F.W. Murnau) mixed with Early American Cinema (i.e. D.W. Griffith). So as you can guess it is a silent film, a very nice musical soundtrack by Tom Stroll accompanies it. The film was written, directed and edited by me, Ernie Zahn and it was telecined very well by Co-director of ?Sleep Always,? Mitch Perkins.

The DVD will be available soon with commentaries, trailers, scouting footage, and outtakes. The DVD?s will have complete artwork on both the jewel cases and the DVD?s themselves.

Here?s the story for ?Wolf in the Fold:?

30 years after the over throw of their monarchy, this small country in Eastern Europe is plagued by a string of murders committed by what the locals believe is a phantom or demon. It's up to Freder (Dylan Rose) and his investigation partner, Charles (Alex Dadzis), to solve this series of killings before the stability of the country is compromised.

CAST:

Dylan Rose as Freder

Christina White as Aurelia

Alex Dadzis as Charles

Parker Bonnell/Kieran Hartley as Raymond Grehm

Tom Stroll as The Killer

Griffen Sandberg as The Hobo

Jamie Kalifah as The Vandal

Kieran Hartley as The Messenger Boy

I will post the trailer here soon. For now I have some screens of the film. If you would like to reserve a copy of the film let me know at OverTheHillsAndFarAway@msn.com. They will be $5.00 + $1.00 (Shipping/Handling).

Here are some Screens:

pic59vm.th.jpg

pic75kp.th.jpg

pic67zj.th.jpg

Guest Ian Marks

I'd like to download the trailer, but that site you're using is such a pain in the backside... absolutely intolerable. I tried, but ended up with no download and no more patience.

The stills look interesting though.

I'd like to download the trailer, but that site you're using is such a pain in the backside... absolutely intolerable. I tried, but ended up with no download and no more patience.

The stills look interesting though.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. If you can give me a link to another file hosting site, I will post it up. Or I can send to you directly if you have AIM or a service like that. Or I could also try e-mailing the trailer to you, it's 6MB as long as your e-mail will accept that size.

Guest Ian Marks

I felt bad about knocking the site you're using to host your trailer, so I went back, and managed to download the trailer... I still think the site stinks but the trailer's pretty good. Regarding the music . . . when the piano comes in it all starts to seem overly melodramatic, like an old silent film. I think the effect is unintentional. Also, the usual poor super 8 registration bothers me. There are a few shots that play very dark - this may have something to do with compression for the web. Overall a nice effort.