HighDef short "Porcelain Revenge"

Hey guys its Kyle. This is a new HighDef comedy/action film that Justin Johnson and I worked on. This time with PLOT! We shot in High Definition. This is the 1st episode. Just messing with the idea of a sequel.

You can download the 720p here

If you want to know anything about the film post it here or comment on the site. Even negative comments I like best.

Direct 480X270 download

Normal Resolution

HERE is the page for High Def, Normal, streaming and low quality.

TPKiller%20(Custom).jpg

Guest razerfish
Hey guys its Kyle. This is a new HighDef comedy/action film that Justin Johnson and I worked on. This time with PLOT! We shot in High Definition. This is the 1st episode. Just messing with the idea of a sequel.

You can download the 720p here

If you want to know anything about the film post it here or comment on the site. Even negative comments I like best.

Direct 480X270 download

Normal Resolution

HERE is the page for High Def, Normal, streaming and low quality.

TPKiller%20(Custom).jpg

I wasn't able to finish, brother. Sorry about that. The writing was just too weak to be able to sit through that long of a film. I tried the 720p version, but my download was so slow, it was going to take hours to get it downloaded, so I opted for the streaming version. Some nice angles here and there, but the story irked me.

Keep at it. Maybe find someone that can write next time, also think about keeping it much shorter. Maybe a 30 second commercial or something.

Guest LondonFilmMan

THE GOOD:

- You went on a ride with your imagination and put some feeling into it.

- He was looking through clues and thinking. This is good because it creates a build-up and draws us in through making us think with him.

- You were on the right track with building a plot and adding dialogue.

- Your humour was quite good. You should let go even more! It could be a bit Chevy Chase at times, although I saw a serious side in it too. I liked the bit after he shot the 'blind' guy and the blind guy was 'dying' and then the 'blind' guy kinda momentarily 'recovered' and said "yeah it's not far from here...actually just round the corner" as though he was being 'helpful' or suddenly ok again. That was funny because it draws out that the point that shooting a character (with a gun) and then questioning them is a ridiculous notion anyway. It kinda spoofs Hollywood.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD:

- The actual story wasn't convincing and needs re-working. It also wasn't *that* interesting.

- Some of the effects were good but I thought some of the camera angles could be improved. Was it me or was there some questionable lip-sync?

SUGGESTIONS:

- I thought there should of been a better introduction. better camera angles at the beginning. More clues and more time to create suspense through putting those clues together during which time you could of drawn out/introduced the characters more.

Guest Sean Curt
I have to completely disagree with the last post (above).

Kyle, other than LondonFilmMans earlier statements about your "goods" and "bads" I have yet to see any good constructive critisizm

So I'll do my best at actually OFFERING SOME ADVISE and not just telling you awwh your s*** was bad!

here goes...:

1st off I'll talk about mood of your film...now that I've watch your shortfilm twice and read what you wrote, lets talk a bit about your first scene, You know I thought the fact that you used that slow motion with that guy walking to his door, that was really really cool! , BUT you classified your movie as a comedy/action movie.

the only thing is the first clip of that guy walking to his door doesnt convey a comedy/action film.

I say this because in that first clip the mood you put the viewer in is that this is gonna be a serious film when its not. the slow motion effect conveys something of a serious matter and having the guy just plainly walk to his apt doesnt say much other than he's serious,

now to help you out some here's what I would have done differently:

take the slow motion out ouf the beginning of the movie

keep that audio track, it goes alone with the comedy mood you want the viewer to be in

also have they guy walking to fall over something in the hallway, and do something funny in his house like slam his hand in the frig after getting upset that there is nothing in it. (now that I think about it, if you have the guy trip over something then maybe you could keep that slow motion but just as he falls over something take the slow motion out, that'll bring the viewer right to where you want them

I also see you use a bright light effect when he enters his apt., looks like he's entering heaven.(no need for the bright light effect) it kinda threw me off

another effective thing to do is to have different people watch each scene and ask them what type of movie do they think this is based on that scene, then see if what they say matches your were trying to get acrosss to the viewer.

and I'll leave it at that, after all we all are a work of art in progress....

I cant wait to actually put my first short up for critique... my problem is I dont have anyone to play the parts I got planned out. looks like I gotta find some funding for people's time

Edited by Sean Curt