Canon Scoopic Maintenance

Marty Hamrick

I picked up a Canon Scoopic,old grey model for nothing.It was laying around a file cabinet at the TV station I work for and they gave it to me.Of course the batteries have long since been dead and there is no charger,so I'm currently working to rectify that situation.I read the post on lubrication and I'm going to be looking for another one of those repair manuals.I'm just wondering about what to use and the post about back focus was interesting.If I experience this pressure plate problem spoken of in the earlier posts,how do you fix this?Also I noticed that Canon Scoopics have a jack for an external power supply.I'm assuming this is for a belt or pack?Anyone know anything about these things?What type of plug is this?

• 2 weeks later...

The external power supply plug came in two different configurations. A silver gray plug, and a green one. They have a different pin set and locking arrangement. Pain in the posterior to get the right one. Alan Gordon Enterprises can make one up for you, but you have to know which one you have. I would give them a call, and ask for Wane.

Don?t throw out those batteries. They are worth a bunch for the cases to someone with a charger.

I didnt see the post about back focus. There is no back focus adjustment for film cameras. eather the lens mounting is off, or the spring for the pressure plate is slack.

I saw a post a wile back where some one was trying to find a owners manual on line. Here is one http://www.calstatela.edu/staff/mgatlin/CanonScoopic16M.pdf

good luck

Blake