Best dealer for DVX 100b?

Milo

1. Where is the best place to buy this great camera?

2. How many batteries would you suggest and is there some package that is a favorite like the Anton Bauer that B and H Photo offers.

3. Which tripod is versatile and smooooth?

4. I'm a metal artist and have my own metal shop so what would you build if you were me....tripods....steadycams....booms/cranes?

5. What bag hard hard case is your pick too?

Milo

www.milosart.com

I'm excited to be buying the 1000b!

• 2 weeks later...
2. How many batteries would you suggest and is there some package that is a favorite like the Anton Bauer that B and H Photo offers.

3. Which tripod is versatile and smooooth?

4. I'm a metal artist and have my own metal shop so what would you build if you were me....tripods....steadycams....booms/cranes?

5. What bag hard hard case is your pick too?

2. I would have 3-4 batteries and preferably two chargers. The DVX isn't too power hungry - don't know if that changed with the B - so it could be said that I'm being extra conservative. If you're shooting all day though, you might need the extra batteries because they do take awhile to recharge. The person I rent a DVX from has two batteries and I bring 2 more and an extra charger and I've never run out of juice.

3. The DVX on a Bogen 501 head on decent sticks is pretty nice. I've also used a Sachtler Panorama on standard sticks - overkill but pretty nice.

4. I would build a jib/crane. Mechanically it's a pretty simple concept - so with a physics refresher and metal shop access/knowledge - it can be done.