timelapse

ssreeni00

hi colleagues...,i want to shoot a timelapse seq of sun rise in the city-varanasi in india for a duration of3 seconds... i.e 72 frames., i plan to shoot 72 frames with a nikon 6 mega pixel digital slr cam masking for anamorphic n then join them into one continuous motion in the post n get a digital anamorphic neg out........,now colleagues i have a set of questions...

1.is the resolution enough so that it matches with the rest of my film

2.how do i control my exp., cos i lock my aperture when shooting timelapse...,pls advice.

3.will this method work out...,cos v dont have the budget to hire a 435advanced.,but i have to get the shot.,thats a challenge.

• 2 months later...

Tried this with a Nikon D70 using Nikon Capture connected to my G4 powerbook, looks good and means you don't tie up the expensive cameras, post zoom also looks very effective.

The Nikon software can be set to interval mode and still allows for bracketing providing the interval is long enough.

I then view the stills to determine the best bracket and load these into Combustion or AE.

The software loads the stills into the workspace as a still image sequence that animate when rendered.

Combustions paint operator allows you to remove any unwanted birds or planes etc that may spoil the image.

A post zoom can then be added or colour correction/levels keyframed over the duration on the shot.

The results have been very good.

Nick

Edited by Doco

I then view the stills to determine the best bracket and load these into Combustion or AE.

Also, both FCP and PPro support loading of sequences of images (film rolls). I've done that for time-lapse work.