How do I do this one?

Hi all,

I am shooting a series of workout videos. The first six have turned out to be a nightmare of epoch proportions.

It all boils down to the music that the performers need to hear in the room, and the main instructor who needs to dance all over the place and give long winded instructions to the performers. She is screaming one second and whispering the next. In addition, the girls cannot nail a performance, so there are retakes.... lots and lots of retakes.

So, we cannot use music in the room, we can only use a drum machine because the instructors lapel picks up the room and I cannot have the music bleed through if there are going to be multiple takes.... argh...

Is there a simple system out there that would allow two cameras to sync to a CD player and have the CD player drive the TimeCode base that gets fed to the cameras?

Sure would be cool to try to drive the next workout series with a better sync situation between the music and the two cameras.

Any thoughts?

This might be the same thing but what about an induction loop? You can run a few circles of cable around the performers that will act as a speaker that is picked up by earpieces worn by the dancers, like a hearing aid. You could use a timecoded DAT for the music and jam the cameras to that, giving you a sync reference. The room would be silent and you could record perfect sound from whoever you want.

• 1 month later...