4K scan example

Hi--

We're considering using some 4K scans from a recent 35mm shoot in print design pieces, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a sample file, even a test chart or something, available online. We'd like to test it to determine how usable the 4K scans are in print before we commit to scanning. Ideally, the scans would be from 5201 and 5218, the stocks we used in the shoot.

Thanks in advance!

Mark Lyon

Mighty Max Films

I've seen a 4K scan of 5245, In fact I have the filme somewhere on my computer. Can't remember

where I got if from, but I can send it to you over e-mail.

But there is another way: 4K scanning is around 4300dpi, why not get a piece of film

and scan it on a high-end still scanner at 4000dpi or more.

People make photo prints from 4000 dpi all the time, it is grainy, but depending on

the film and lens it can be sharp almost to the limit of what 4000dpi scanning can resolve.

I've seen a 4K scan of 5245, In fact I have the filme somewhere on my computer. Can't remember

where I got if from, but I can send it to you over e-mail.

That would be great. Please email me at mark@mightymaxfilms.com and I'll give you FTP info. We know the resolution is fine, but we need to see how the grain structure will work at large sizes.

Thank you!

--Mark Lyon

Mighty Max Films