Hi,Im new

Guest nicholeglaze

Guest nicholeglaze

Wow,Im nervous.eekkk. Anyways,HI!I feel so dumb being here. I dont even know where to start.Anyways,this might not make any sense to any of you.It hardly makes sense to me. But since I was REALLY young(actually I still am). I have always had an interest in film and filmmaking. Then I got into photography.So I put my interest and film and photgraphy and came up with CINEMATOGRAPHY! lol. So now I have a huge passion for angles,lighting,how the film looks etc. Now heres the catch. I know absolutely NOTHING about it. Im probably going to get hate mail from alot of people. but I dont blame you. "How can someone have a passion for something they know nothing about?"

So thats why Im here. To learn.To see if film is where I really belong. I was hoping some of you would be kind and teach me some things.Trust me there is nothing more that I want than to work on a film. Where can I get started and learn all the basics??? etc.

Well Im done making a fool out of myself.Sorry if I came off in a bad way.Im really willing to learn.

I actual volunteer at a Community Show in Long Beach Ca. and Im a cameraman.yaaay!

Thanks. =)

Hi!

I suggest you check out the ASC bookstore: http://www.theasc.com/cgibin/store/acsstor...egory=Bookstore

Try to get an internship at a camera rental place to learn about the gear. Try to get an internship at a lab to learn about the stocks. And study classic painting to learn about composition and light. To quote my DoP: "if you don't know how to light, light like Caravaggio. You can't go wrong!"

And try to get whatever job at a shooting to learn about the real world.

Good luck!

• Premium Member

Hello nicholeglaze!

Welcome to the cinematography forum. So you wanna be a filmmaker? Well there is an

awful lot here for the learning process and it does not cost you any $ to search and learn.

If I can be of any help to you please ask,my e-mail address is in my profile. Good luck!

and Good afternoon.

Greg Gross

Student Cinematographer

Professional Photographer