Purchase Question

Chris Sellers

47st Photo.com has the XL2 priced at 3499.95 and it just came down from 3999.95 while B&H Photo has it still at 3999.95. Are both reputable companies? I know B&H has been around awhile, but do any of you have experience buying from 47st Photo.com? There are way to many scams out there and I want to be carefull.

The original 47th St. Photo -- a highly reputable and well-regarded operation -- went bankrupt about 10 years ago. The new company is, well it isn't the original.

B&H Photo is the single largest photo & video equipment dealer in the world. It is a first class operation.

• Premium Member
The original 47th St. Photo -- a highly reputable and well-regarded operation -- went bankrupt about 10 years ago. The new company is, well it isn't the original.

B&H Photo is the single largest photo & video equipment dealer in the world. It is a first class operation.

I am also a first-class operation:

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=12600

Here's a link to a picture of the address of 47stphoto.com. You decide if this is where you want to do business. http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0086.htm

Here's B&H. http://donwiss.com/pictures/ManhattanStores/h0002.htm

Huge differance in store fronts! Im still wondering if any of you have done buisness with 47st though?

• Premium Member

While you are visiting B&H Photo, stop by at the Kodak office at 360 West 31st Street, just a block away, south of the post office building. Lots of information available for the asking. B)

I've had good experiences when I've shopped at B&H Photo -- both in person and via their website.

Huge differance in store fronts! Im still wondering if any of you have done buisness with 47st though?

Chris, I guess you missed the point. They are a sham operation--bait and switch. You NEVER pay the price they advertise. They bait you with that price, then sell you another thousand dollars worth of junk that you don't want or need. If you don't play their game, the camera is instantly and mysteriously on backorder.

In other words, stay away from them!

Always remember: If it's too good to be true, it is!

Thanx to everyone who posted! I purchased everything through B&H, and am very pleased. They are awesome! Friendly and very helpfull. They also know what they are talking about. It ended up being a no brainer. B&H just dropped the price to 3899.95 with the 20x lens. You cant beat that, with the quality of the store.