Music Video I shot with SDX900 w/Pro35 adapter and Superspeed Zeiss Lenses

Jeff Ray

What will eventually be part of an entire DVD for the band, including this video along with two other videos for portions of two other songs that will be on their upcoming album, interviews, live shows, behind-the-scenes, etc.

Filmed last Sunday at Austin Studios with a Panasonic SDX900 w/Pro35 Adapter and Superspeed Zeiss lenses.

The band is named Dremnt the End ( www.myspace.com/dremnttheend )

Link to the video: Stuck in the Love

Edited by Jeff Ray

• 2 weeks later...
Looks good. What kind of workflow was used. Camera set-up? Post/transfer? Color correction?

Aside from about 10 industrial fluorescent lights, one Lowell 3-piece light kit, and a couple DJ lights, that was about it. We rented a fischer 11 dolly which was like a gift from god. It was the hydraulic arm that really impressed me and I tried to use it as much as possible without overkill.

But that was about it. I cut it together in Final Cut Pro HD and used a deck to import the footage, but no color correction was done whatesoever....which was definitely a first for me. I just didn't think it needed it...another first for me. Usually it's the mindset of "ok, that looks about as good as we're going to make it it look on-set, we'll fix the rest in post", which I know is horrible, but when attempting to achieve that "film-look" it kinda becomes necessary to think like that when shooting with a XL2 or a 100a/b. Having said that, the SDX/Pro35 combo looked unreal while we were filming and watching the playback on the monitor. I'm still working on compressing it for the web in multiple formats...which I suck at and think it to be a whole artform unto itself.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback Charles. Glad you liked it.