Desert Of Blood

Hey everybody. I just wanted to share some of the photos I took on the set of Desert Of Blood. I actually took these photos a few months ago, but just got the approval of the director, Don Henry to post them on the forum here. I wasn't involved directly with the movie, but a friend was an extra and I'll be honest, it was the first time I had actually been on the set of a movie. Now, this wasn't a huge budget movie, but it was a movie nonetheless and I got to see first-hand how things operated. I was blown away. Of course I knew that a lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes, but I guess I didn't realize SO much went on.

I only spent about 12hours that day on the set, so I don't have too much background info on the movie. I believe they were shooting HD and the majority of the filming took place down in Tecate. These photos are taken in Ventura in a big fruit orchard where this old plantation-style house had just become vacant. Desert Of Blood was written and directed by Don Henry with cinematography by Pablo Santiago. Here's the full list of people involved. and here's the official site for Desert Of Blood

And lastly, here's a few photos, they're smaller so I wouldn't take up the whole screen of this thread. Sorry I don't have more info to share.

DOBsmall-01.jpgDOBsmall-02.jpg

DOBsmall-03.jpgDOBsmall-04.jpg

DOBsmall-05.jpgDOBsmall-06.jpg

DOBsmall-07.jpgDOBsmall-08.jpg

DOBsmall-09.jpg

I give props to everybody who participates on the set of a movie, commercial, or any other similar shoot. There's more involved than I ever imagined.

-Seth Mondragon

Edited by sooper8fan