Agfa super8 projector

daniel mahlknecht

Hi, later agfa sound projectors ( models LS1 and LS2 ) I think were rebadged bauer models. The mentioned projectors came with 100 watt lighting, and a pretty poor 16.5-30 f1.3 projection lens. The projecter lens mount is the same as bauer models, so higher quality optics are available. The elmo GS1200 is a much better machine, technically,optically and mechanically. No comparison the elmo wins. I cannot comment on earlier agfa projectors only the ones i have owned. I believe the LS1/2 were the very last quality projectors agfa sold.

According to my book on movie projectors ( by Jurgen Loussau), the only one i can see listed that may fit your description is either the Sonector S automatic (1968) or the Movector 4000 synchro sound from 1972, this has 150 watt lighting but no 24fps. I was offered an agfa projector around 4 years ago, all i can remember that it was super 8 and very solid, black in colour, early to mid 70s era, think it sat on its own speaker or a custom made speaker came with the projector.. Seem to recall it came with 150w lamp, the bulb may of been seperate to the reflector, pre A1-232 era. It certainly didn't appeal, otherwise it would be in the cupboard. Elmo easily wins.