lowel totas

just curious what anyone would do with two 500w tota lights shooting interiors on 16mm.i have them from my still work and only used them to bounce off ceilings for ambience.would like to be as creative with them as possible.also im wanting to buy a third light for my 16mm stuff.any suggestions to go with my totas? thanks

The Tota is a pretty nifty light. I made up a mini lighting kit and put it in an old padded tripod bag. 2 Totas, 2 gel frames, 3 stands, one French flag, three stingers, 1 cube tape, and gels. They can be globed for 110 or 220. You can key an interview with one Tota and hit the back ground with another. I used to get jobs where the producers say don't bring lights! We will not be lighting anything. I bring my total kit and we end up needing it. I build a soft box that used 2 Totas, used it for a while and then just went to an Arri Soft light kit.

With regards to buying a third Tota. I would buy a Lowel Pro light. It is reglobable from 220, 110, 12 volts, It is more controllable then the Totas. Its good for slashes on back walls or back lights. Sometimes I throw it and an extra stand in my kit.