BNCR Mount

Hal Smith

• Premium Member

Does anyone know of a link to a good, engineering level drawing of the BNCR mount system? I've got about half of a Cinema Products BNCR hardfront for my Arri 2 and need to know what's missing.

• Premium Member
Does anyone know of a link to a good, engineering level drawing of the BNCR mount system? I've got about half of a Cinema Products BNCR hardfront for my Arri 2 and need to know what's missing.

Hi,

Its fairly simple to see what is missing, have you got a photo? It's a bit like PL just bigger

Stephen

• Premium Member
Hi,

Its fairly simple to see what is missing, have you got a photo? It's a bit like PL just bigger

Stephen

Thank you for the reply. I've attached the pictures that were on eBay - the BNC to ARRI two pieces may, or may not, be part of the hardfront. The larger piece with the ears will fit in the front of the hardfront, and the smaller collet outer diameter is an exact fit in the hardfront from the back side. This may or may not be accidental, it's unknown whether all these pieces actually went together originally. The larger piece with the flanges will actually pop into one of the the turret ports on my Arri 2A/C (it's a 2A with 2C innards).

post-10210-1143329735.jpgpost-10210-1143329671.jpgpost-10210-1143329654.jpgpost-10210-1143329538.jpg

• Premium Member
Thank you for the reply. I've attached the pictures that were on eBay - the BNC to ARRI two pieces may, or may not, be part of the hardfront. The larger piece with the ears will fit in the front of the hardfront, and the smaller collet outer diameter is an exact fit in the hardfront from the back side. This may or may not be accidental, it's unknown whether all these pieces actually went together originally. The larger piece with the flanges will actually pop into one of the the turret ports on my Arri 2A/C (it's a 2A with 2C innards).

post-10210-1143329735.jpgpost-10210-1143329671.jpgpost-10210-1143329654.jpgpost-10210-1143329538.jpg

Hi,

The 3 Adapters are to fit Arri Std/Bayo mounted to BNCR.

The hard front is missing a Pin and the locking mechanism, the locking mechanism just rotated about 90 degrees like a PL. Not that difficult to fabricate if you have access to a workshop.

Stephen

In fact it is not just missing a pin, it is missing the entire mount. What is shown in the photograph is the aluminium casting without any parts (2) of the BNCR stainless steel mount.

Sorry about that.

We make these mounts on a regular basis

Regards

Bruce

• Premium Member
In fact it is not just missing a pin, it is missing the entire mount. What is shown in the photograph is the aluminium casting without any parts (2) of the BNCR stainless steel mount.

Sorry about that.

We make these mounts on a regular basis

Regards

Bruce

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, I've got the casting only.

Who knows what the other two pieces were originally for. The piece with what looks like a BNCR lens flange actually locks into an Arri mount turret port, complete with a groove matching the port's anti-rotation tab. For all it's worth it looks like it would mount an Arri 2 turret to a BNCR lens mount on another camera (the two cameras sitting face to face). Why???

Have you ever seen a Cinema Products BNCR hardfront casting up close? Is it compatible with the BNCR mounts you manufacture?

Thanks for your help!

• Premium Member
We could easily fit one of our mounts to this casting. We would need the casting of course. We can set the flange depth on one of our 2Cs but you would need to have this checked when you mount the system to you own camera

Regards

Bruce

This is an option I need to explore, thanks!