green ccd damage

oao

Hi there, i work on a columbian documentary and the green ccd block seems to be damaged. Is there a way to crop the ccd out. I don't have any way to go to a rental house there.

Thanks for sugestions.

• Premium Member
Hi there, i work on a columbian documentary and the green ccd block seems to be damaged. Is there a way to crop the ccd out. I don't have any way to go to a rental house there.

Thanks for sugestions.

What kind of "damage"? Dead pixels? Misregistration?

• Premium Member

I'm going to assume that your assumption is correct and something is infact wrong with the green CCD.

I've never tried it, but I guess you can lower the voltage going into the CCD, but I wouldn't recommend doing that, since you would only have a red and blue ccd and your picture would be extremely noisy, dark and missing a green channel, what I would recommend you do is send the camera back to either a rental house or to any company that can repair it. If you can't do either of those, then I'm sorry to say it, but youre poop out of luck.

Thanks, i didn't touch to much to the green ccd gain but i tweaked the red and blue plus i adjust with multy matrix phase and hue cause i get a strange color saturated look but after grading i have been lucky it matched well with the subject. That was a very special adventure to work with an handycaped hd900.