super 8 7265 vs 7266

please forgive my seemingly obivous question,but which black and white stock should i use in an:

1)Automatic Exposure, 18 fps, cheapo Chinon 132 Pxl

2)with lots of sun, on the beach.

will the difference between 100 asa or 200 asa have a great deal of difference with auto exposure?

I've shot a lot with nicer super 8 cams with my sekonic light meter, but im looking for the best stock i can shoot for a fun in the sun and not worry about metering. just goofing around on spring break.

7265 or 7266, or is there anything else that will work in an older auto exposure camera?

thanks

kirk

Edited by Kircules

• Premium Member
please forgive my seemingly obivous question,but which black and white stock should i use in an:

1)Automatic Exposure, 18 fps, cheapo Chinon 132 Pxl

2)with lots of sun, on the beach.

will the difference between 100 asa or 200 asa have a great deal of difference with auto exposure?

I've shot a lot with nicer super 8 cams with my sekonic light meter, but im looking for the best stock i can shoot for a fun in the sun and not worry about metering. just goofing around on spring break.

7265 or 7266, or is there anything else that will work in an older auto exposure camera?

thanks

kirk

Sounds like you have plenty of light to use the KODAK PLUS-X Black & White Reversal Film 7265. The 7266 will have more graininess, as expected with a faster film.

Sounds like you have plenty of light to use the KODAK PLUS-X Black & White Reversal Film 7265. The 7266 will have more graininess, as expected with a faster film.

thanks so much John.

I was hoping to hear from you and that's exactly what i was wondering.

thanks again

Kirk

also if anyone has any experiance with these stocks whats your take on the difference?

thanks so much John.

I was hoping to hear from you and that's exactly what i was wondering.

thanks again

Kirk

also if anyone has any experiance with these stocks whats your take on the difference?

Also, if you are on the beach, do not shoot into the Sun in auto mode. Try and keep the sun behind you at all times. The Sun's reflection off the sand / water will trick the electronic eye, and you will end up with muddy images.