Balancing tungsten to sodum vapor

I've got a low budget night shoot coming up that takes place on a pier lined with sodium vapor street lamps. The lamps actually provide a lot of illumination and we want to incorporate them into the shots, so I need to find a gel recipe to balance some tungsten and 3200k flo units to the vapor lights.

Of course the color temp varies among sodium lights; I'm looking for a recipe(s) that will get me in the ball park so I can do some tests.

Any favorites? (We're shooting on an HVX200 in 720)

Thanks,

But, at the risk of restating the obvious, it is practically impossible to balance sodium vapor light to anything, as the light is a discontinuous spectrum; orange and deep violet only. How can the color temp of sodium light vary between units? Also, from my experience these lights have about as much color as sepia toned b&w. So you probably don't want to match your tungsten and kinoflos to them if you want any color in your foreground.

But, at the risk of restating the obvious, it is practically impossible to balance sodium vapor light to anything, as the light is a discontinuous spectrum; orange and deep violet only. How can the color temp of sodium light vary between units? Also, from my experience these lights have about as much color as sepia toned b&w. So you probably don't want to match your tungsten and kinoflos to them if you want any color in your foreground.

You are correct. I don't plan on white balanceing to the sodium vapors-- I'll be at 3200k. I need to gel certain lights so I can put/enhance those colors where I need them. There will probably be pure 3200 key as well as some motivated blue somewhere to compete with the heavy orange.

Matts' original query was that he needed to balance some tungsten units to some sodium vapor ones which were actually in his shot, hence the need to find a gel pack that matched. Although Sodium has a discontinuous spectrum, it is possible to achieve a very close visual match with some the the combinations that have been suggested.