ORWO UN 54 16 mm negative film stock

Hi,

ORWO is an old East German Brand. They produce only b/w film. It's good and cheap.

check out this link: www.filmotec.de

This is the homepage from the manufacturer. There is a english version of this site.

cheers, alex

Hi,

ORWO is an old East German Brand. They produce only b/w film. It's good and cheap.

check out this link: www.filmotec.de

This is the homepage from the manufacturer. There is a english version of this site.

cheers, alex

Thanks alex. Yes I saw the web and emailed to them. The reels are a little more priced than Andec filmtechnik. This stock has a great price.

Did you shoot with this stock? can you tell me more about this (sharpness, contrast, grain, etc) ?

Sorry, I never shoot with this stock, but I think a lot of east german movies were shot on this material and they look really good. I know a few filmstudents who shot on ORWO, but I don't really know much about this stock, but for this price maybe I shoot something in future.....

cheers, alex

Hi I saw in andec web a cheap 16 mm negative film that is developed like a reversal.

Anyone knows this stock, what kind of image will give?

is

ORWO UN 54 16 mm 122 m / 400 ft.

( Negative ) ( Perf. 1R / 2R )

Processed to Black & White Reversal

http://www.andecfilm.de/html/material_16_eng.htm

thanks

UN54 (ISO 100) is about $75 USD per 400' roll.

N74 (ISO 400) is about $90 USD.

Of course, the above price quotes depend on the exchange rate. Then on top of this you have

to factor in shipping and handling.

You might try contacting labs who use ORWO print stocks and see if they would order some camera

stocks for you.

ORWO stocks process in standard D94 chemistry.

Alain