build battery ring light

hi

i am planing to shot a music video and i have to shot the singer on a bus

the bus is driving a round the city

i want to light here with ring light but i dont have electric just samething battery operated

iam shoothing with dvx100b

it has to be flo light becose the light on the bus

i thought to use mini flo and tape them on cam

i don't whant to use mini-light

i am thinking to built samething with round flo from HOME DEPO

do you have any idea??

thanks

hi

i am planing to shot a music video and i have to shot the singer on a bus

the bus is driving a round the city

i want to light here with ring light but i dont have electric just samething battery operated

iam shoothing with dvx100b

it has to be flo light becose the light on the bus

i thought to use mini flo and tape them on cam

i don't whant to use mini-light

i am thinking to built samething with round flo from HOME DEPO

do you have any idea??

thanks

This is an intersting Idea and although it would seem simple it would actually be quite a bit of work to put together, but here is what you could try that may give you the same desired results. You could build your Home depot ring light using an AC system and just purchase and INVERTER to plut into the the buss. Now I am not sure if a buss would have the standard cigarette style output that cars have.

But if it did then the inverter would convert the DC current to an AC current, although you would be teathered, and you would have to be very carefully about bulb selection, you would want a bulb with the same color temp as the bulbs on the buss.

Another thing to consider is wether you will be shooting at 24p or 30p because If you are not carefull with what type of ballast you use you may see alot of flicker at 24p and the DVX 100 as far as I know has no way to compensate for that.

kinoflo makes a small battery powered ringlight called the kamio. you can rent one for maybe $30/day. it takes regular ring shaped flo bulbs so if the kinoflow one is too well balanced for you you can use one from home depot. or one of the included filters, i.e. plus green.

http://www.kinoflo.com/sales_catalog_2004/...s/kam6_kit.html

/matt