where to buy used hvr-z1?

Vedran Rupich

I´m looking to buy a used Hvr-z1 cam. I´ve been looking around on ebay but i couldn't really seperate the fraud ads from the real ones.

What can I expect to pay in order to get a good used z1?

I live in sweden and here a hvr-z1e retails for around 7800$

I wouldn't buy a used HD-Z1U. You don't know what the camera has gone through -- especially if the heads are bad, the lens is scratched up, the inside of the camera is full of sand, dirt, grime, etc. If I were you, I'd buy a new one at a credible place like b & h. It's a little bit more money but at least you won't wonder if it breaks, what you will do... at least for one year (warranty).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...oughType=search

I´m looking to buy a used Hvr-z1 cam. I´ve been looking around on ebay but i couldn't really seperate the fraud ads from the real ones.

What can I expect to pay in order to get a good used z1?

I live in sweden and here a hvr-z1e retails for around 7800$

I wouldn't buy a used HD-Z1U. You don't know what the camera has gone through

Is this especially applied to the Hvr-z1? I mean, this harsh treatment cannot be concentrated to one model so i guess your statement can apply to every camera on the market.

well thats actually no big secret, some people treat cameras like crap...

But buying used equipment is what amateur film-making is about. So the big reason why I would buy used is that I cannot afford a new. Besides, If you do your shopping from a creditable seller on ebay, you'll be well of i hope.

especially if the heads are bad, the lens is scratched up, the inside of the camera is full of sand, dirt, grime, etc

I wonder what experiences you have had with second hand shopping

I don't mean to sound so offensive, but you come on as a salesman...and apperantly I would'nt even post if I could afford a brand new camera

But buying used equipment is what amateur film-making is about.

it is? the amateur filmmakers i know who want to make films borrow their cameras and the ones who want to own cameras buy new ones. the first category soon move up and start renting while the latter sell theirs (not) used on ebay and buy an electric guitar or a new muffler for their bmw instead. :-)

/matt

it is? the amateur filmmakers i know who want to make films borrow their cameras and the ones who want to own cameras buy new ones. the first category soon move up and start renting while the latter sell theirs (not) used on ebay and buy an electric guitar or a new muffler for their bmw instead. :-)

Perhaps true when it comes to delivering standard off the shelf somewhat already seen footage.

But if you're an amateur and wish to learn by experimenting, there are few limitations if you own the camera.

Your scenario, it's about following schedules for rented equipement you don't have time to fully comprehend and besides on top of all this you are to be creative.

I have nothing against renting equipment, but if you don't have the experiences, there is an enormous trial and error advantage with owning some gear.

Guest Kevin B

We've got one less than a year old we'd sell. It's in perfect condition and has been used sparingly. We're planning to migrate to Varicam (or the new HDX900) and may pick up the HVX200 as a b-camera, since they all shoot the same DVCPRO HD format. Hence our Z1 is expendable. Of course, we're in Texas, and that's a long way from Sweden....

Guest athena981
We've got one less than a year old we'd sell. It's in perfect condition and has been used sparingly. We're planning to migrate to Varicam (or the new HDX900) and may pick up the HVX200 as a b-camera, since they all shoot the same DVCPRO HD format. Hence our Z1 is expendable. Of course, we're in Texas, and that's a long way from Sweden....

Hey! where in Texas? I am looking to buy a used HVR-Z1U, and I live in Dallas, and I take trips to Austin all the time. So I'm probably somewhere close to you. I would love to talk more about your camera. Take a look at it, and perhaps buy it. Please contact me if you are seriously looking to sell your camera. athen981@aol.com

Edited by athena981