Anybody dealt w/ AZ Spectrum?

Sir Alvin Ekarma

I have an S16 Bolex EBM and found that AZ Spectrum can trick out the electronics so it can multiple crystal speeds and forward/reverse the film. Has anyone had any experience dealing with them? Are they reputable? I've seen their name crop up on the boards doing a search and wanted to know if they're on the up and up before I drop some serious change on this.

I have an S16 Bolex EBM and found that AZ Spectrum can trick out the electronics so it can multiple crystal speeds and forward/reverse the film. Has anyone had any experience dealing with them? Are they reputable? I've seen their name crop up on the boards doing a search and wanted to know if they're on the up and up before I drop some serious change on this.

I talked to Andrew at AZ the other day, as I'm sending one of my Alcan motors to him. Never

used his services before but have heard good things. His motor conversions are twice as much as

other folks but the conversions are also a little more than what other folks provide and in some case

for models of cameras that nobody covers. His Bolex motor conversion look pretty nice.

Alain

I talked to Andrew at AZ the other day, as I'm sending one of my Alcan motors to him. Never

used his services before but have heard good things. His motor conversions are twice as much as

other folks but the conversions are also a little more than what other folks provide and in some case

for models of cameras that nobody covers. His Bolex motor conversion look pretty nice.

Alain

Are there other folks who do what he does with an EBM? I've poked around and he was the first I found who offered this service.

Are there other folks who do what he does with an EBM? I've poked around and he was the first I found who offered this service.

There's Clive Tobin...

http://www.tobincinemasystems.com/page9.html

Alain

There's Clive Tobin...

Alain

But of course, it's not exactly what AZ is selling for the EBM.

Alain

There's Clive Tobin...

Alain

But of course, it's not exactly what AZ is selling for the EBM.

Alain

I was aware of the Tobin motor but yeah, not what I'm looking for. I'm R&Ding stuff for a movie and I want to be able to play with speeds for the fight scenes. I don't want to lose my EBM after all the work I've put into it and I was considering getting a motorized S16 K-3 and a miliframe controller and working around its limitations. Fortunately, I did get a quote from AZ and the price is very reasonable and equal to and possibly much, much cheaper than the K3 option.

I was aware of the Tobin motor but yeah, not what I'm looking for. I'm R&Ding stuff for a movie and I want to be able to play with speeds for the fight scenes. I don't want to lose my EBM after all the work I've put into it and I was considering getting a motorized S16 K-3 and a miliframe controller and working around its limitations. Fortunately, I did get a quote from AZ and the price is very reasonable and equal to and possibly much, much cheaper than the K3 option.

Please post you feedback to the forum after you get you EBM back from AZ. Very curious to hear

about your experience and AZ's work.

Alain