Landmark Theatres...

• Premium Member

I just wanted to say I visited the Landmark in Chicago for the first time (I saw Weeping Camel) and I found it to be a very nice theater. I wanted to put that guy who keeps talking about shooting HD and projecting at Landmark in perspective a little bit, because i'm not sure if he's ever visited a Landmark Theatre.

The theater in Chicago is very nice, not corporate at all, clean and put together well. Now, the screen itself was a little small and so was the theater. As this was the opening weekend for Camel, I expected a more packed theater in Chicago for the 9pm show. There were plenty of seats available.

The sound and picture were great (although the camel print was pretty dirty, which is to be expected I'm sure, it was shot on film in the Gobi desert.) This is definitely a theatre I will support.

I know Super Size Me is doing pretty stiff business, but in my very limited experience, I would think this is a nice venue for docs, but an uphill battle/business model to profit on a moderately budgeted narrative feature. Take my opinion for what you paid for it, zero.

At least it wasn't a movie about dodgeball.

:)

ae

• 1 month later...
Guest Pete Wright

I wonder about those cheap digital projectors in landmark that use WM9? Does anyone know how does the image look like? What is the resolution? I saw one movie at landmark and it was shot with F900 and the picture looked very bad. I wonder if it was maybe their cheap digital projection.

pete

None of the Landmark theatres here in St. Louis have digital projection but the newer one is very nice in a high rent area. I prefer it to all the others as I've said in other posts. Nice clean projections and their prints always seem to be very good.