Lumapanel

• Premium Member

I haven't been able to work with them yet (haven't had a project that needed them), but I have had my eye on them for some time.

Some of my camera department works with Kaminski who uses them a lot (his gaffer David Devlin created them) and they said nothing but good things.

Kevin Zanit

• 3 months later...

I checked out the lumapanels last week. wow. compared to kino flos they are massive. Kind of like a 9-lite maxi-brute versus a 36-lite dino. Rock (the shop guy) said they are coming out with a new product soon. the lights are really thin (lumapanel 5" vs Wall of light 8"). They run off of 15 amps ?! I plan on trying them out on a small shoot next week. They are letting me test them for free :)

• Premium Member

Nice, they are real good people there. Thanks for the heads up about the new stuff; I'll call Roch for more info.

I ended up using them on a commercial that I wrote about on here (http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/index.php?showtopic=14250&st=0), but I think you wrote a reply in that, so you have seen it.

They are very nice units, I really like them better than the Wall O' Light because of the much larger output (I would just use an Image 80 when needing something like a Wall O' Light and Lumapanels when needing a bigger source).

Kevin Zanit