loosening tight focus ring

Brian Rose

Hey all,

I just bought a Yvar 150mm telephoto lens for my Bolex, and it is great, except the focus ring is a little tight for my taste. When I turn it, it tends to stick through friciton, as though the lubricant was worn away. Anyone know how I could loosen it up? More lubricant? How?

Thanks!

Brian Rose

• Premium Member
Hey all,

I just bought a Yvar 150mm telephoto lens for my Bolex, and it is great, except the focus ring is a little tight for my taste. When I turn it, it tends to stick through friciton, as though the lubricant was worn away. Anyone know how I could loosen it up? More lubricant? How?

Thanks!

Brian Rose

There is probably a lot more wrong with your lens than you think. Every used lens I buy, I get completely re-built so I know there will be no problems with it. Your only solution is to send it to a qualified technician for repair. I send all my lenses to:

Stuart Rabin at:

http://www.focusoptics.com/

He is NOT cheap, but he is very good.

:)

• Premium Member
Your only solution is to send it to a qualified technician for repair. I send all my lenses to: Stuart Rabin :)

Good advice - ZGC has done a good job of checking out and fixing older Cooke lenses for me.