pd170 C;32:10?

Lav Bodnaruk

Hi, as the title suggests i got a flashing error message of C:32:10 on my PD 170. The tape is stuck in there! Got any tips on how to get it out or better yet, why is it stuck in there in the first place and what can i do to prevent that... i have tried using only one kind of tape stock (SONY) and have used cleaning tape on it recently...

Any info would be very very much appreciated!

Cheers

Hi. The 32:10 error code means 'LOAD direction loading motor timeout.". I'm not exactly sure what that means but from the description I'd assume it was something to do with the 'loading motor' / loading mechanism not working properly.

How to get it out? I'm not sure (sorry) . The Sony ENG cameras have a screw to manually eject the tape though there isnt anything like this on the pd150/170 exterior there will probably be something inside though I wouldnt recomend opening it up or trying to wiggle it out as you will probably more than likely end up doing more damage to it. Send it off to get repaired is the best option I think.

Hi Grant, thanks for the reply mate. I actually managed to read up on it on Google and switched it off for 15secs, without any battery or power connection. Then i hooked it up to power only (no battery) and pushed in a 'reset' button which is under the 'menu' button on the surface under the LCD screen... Once i did that it was no problem hitting eject and getting the door to open up, releasing the tape.

I also read that sometimes this error code appears if your 'internal' battery is flat?!

I then ran the cleaning tape through it for 10sec and had no issues removing it out; I would love to know what could have possibly caused this to happen, if it is a pd170 issue or a tape issue (sony); I would hate for something link this to happen to me whilst out on a job, can you just imagine that? That would be a nightmare...

Since i do not know how to pin point the error cause, I am currently lookng around for the best service quote here in Brisbane, Australia - and hopefully Video Pro can send it out to Sony direct for 'service'... inspection or whatever they call it...

Hope that the 15sec shut down and reset button helps some other lost C:32:10 folk like it did me.

Thanks for defining the name of the error code Grant. Cheers mate,

• Premium Member

I've never had any problems with my PD-170 at all. I shoot with the standard Sony DV tape and

also with Sony DVCAM tape(of course we all know about that,really no big advantage). After 3 yrs

of use absolutely no problems. Some of the error codes- IMPORTANT!!!!!!, are only for Sony to fix,

correct,etc. . My girlfriend is out right now on a shoot with my PD-170(she has a DVX-100A) but she

likes my papa delta 170, can you imagine that? When she gets back in I'll check the error codes in

my manual and post on them. I'm sorry but I do not have them all committed to memory. I direct,

dp,and operate when I shoot,usually brain is overloaded. Best regards. I think Stephanie likes that

sweet PD-170 audio.

Greg Gross

Hi Greg,

long time no talk mate. I'd love to hear the error codes if you do not mind putting them up, when you get your camera back that is... i don't know if i ever even received the manual for the camera on up its purchase from Video Pro here in Briz Vegas...

I am using it again right now, just shot about 5 tapes today - and it has gone by smooth... i'm yet to check the footage, but at least no C:32:10! I reckon it was the tape - minDV SONY - they have been selling for extremely CHEAP here ($27AUD for travel pack - 5 tapes, diary thingy and some name thingy... w pen) so that must be it... i am going to go back to my TDKs that havent caused me any trouble in past...

What tapes do you use when shooting MiniDV? I am interested in stock you would recommend for weddings, corporates and similar... obviously it is SONY when DVCAM is in question... but in reality i only use DVCAM when transferring my 16mm from telecine onto tape for off line work...

Cheers,

• Premium Member

Hi mate,

Have not seen you on forum recently. I was off forum for a while due too busy with production

and still photography. So how is everything down under the dolly? Stephanie will not be back

from Philadelphia until tuesday afternoon. I will come back then and post error codes for you

right here. Do you want me to e-mail you manual on pdf(if I can get it)? I do not think you have

a serious problem with PD-170,hope not!! I'm gearing up to become a digital cinematographer,

going to be ready before its really here. Will start working soon on computer system to allow me to

do post and edit. We call ourselves Film 7 Productions here. I'm up late now working on a corporate

yearly report shoot that I shot yesterday. Used Kino-flos and Canon EOS-1 MarkII,Canon 20D(what

a sleeper). Working in digital darkroom now on contact sheets for meeting tomorrow with ad agency

rep. . She was my director on the shoot, and it went something like this- "well Greg how should we

shoot this?" Actually she was more of a set,costume person than a director. I used all Canon primes

and you know I'm really a Nikon man but these Canon lenses are sweet. Sometimes I do find them to

be a little soft though when I don't want that look. I'll correct it with light though. My god I hate to put

filters over perfectly good glass mate! I always want to control the light and skip the filters. Still film is

almost dead here and digital has taken it over. One professional processing lab almost went down here

but its now switching to digital services. If you surf forum lav look for post by Phil Rhodes "In Production",

he's working with the Thomas Viper in the U.K. . I hope he will continue to post while he's in production.

The only still film I'm shooting now is b&w(Kodak) and Fuji velvia and provia. I send the reversal film to

Philadelphia or New York. Still do my own b&w by hand and print myself. Using Photoshop CS2 in the dig-

ital still lab. lav,as soon as the manual gets back I will post error codes for you. I'll be on the forum the

next 3 or 4 days in a row. I miss it and love to read the posts,there are so many good people here. I'm

looking at Stephanie's DVX-100A laying here and I'm afraid to pick it up. Its so flimsy and not solid like

a Sony,I'm afraid it will fall apart. NO!!!!!!!! I'm just kidding its a damn fine camera. lav,its time for the

martini shot! Have you seen Tom Cruise? Mission Impossibel 3. Great performance,huge and he was mag-

ificent. Mindel made everything huge on a grand scale. I squirmed in my seat through the whole film, I

was moving with the camera.

Greg Gross

• Premium Member

Hello lav,

I've got PD-170 manual here and looking up error codes. Error codes are as follows:

C:21:00- Self Diagnosis display window

C:04: two squares means not using lithium info battery

C:21: two squares means moisture codensation has occurred. Remove tape leave camcorder

to acclimatize at least 1 hour.

C:22: two squares means video heads are dirty. Clean heads.

C:31: two squares means problem other than those listed above.

C:32: two squares means that you should remove the tape and insert it again. Then operate

the camcorder. Disconnect the power cord of the A/C adaptor or remove battery pack.

After reconnecting your power source operate the camcorder.

C:61: two squares means a malfunction that you cannot service.

C:62: two squares means you should contact your Sony dealer and advise them of the 5 digit

code.

I hope you will be able to resolve your problem lav. Time for a martini shot,see you later. If you

have a big problem e-mail me at pd170user@yahoo.com.

Greg Gross

Hello lav,

I've got PD-170 manual here and looking up error codes. Error codes are as follows:

C:21:00- Self Diagnosis display window

C:04: two squares means not using lithium info battery

C:21: two squares means moisture codensation has occurred. Remove tape leave camcorder

to acclimatize at least 1 hour.

C:22: two squares means video heads are dirty. Clean heads.

C:31: two squares means problem other than those listed above.

C:32: two squares means that you should remove the tape and insert it again. Then operate

the camcorder. Disconnect the power cord of the A/C adaptor or remove battery pack.

After reconnecting your power source operate the camcorder.

C:61: two squares means a malfunction that you cannot service.

C:62: two squares means you should contact your Sony dealer and advise them of the 5 digit

code.

I hope you will be able to resolve your problem lav. Time for a martini shot,see you later. If you

have a big problem e-mail me at pd170user@yahoo.com.

Greg Gross

Hi Greg,

Thanks heaps for that error code list! I really appreciate it mate! I hope that those that run into the same error as myself will find this post as usefull as i did!

Again, a big thanks Greg!

Enjoy your martini mate :D