Recommendations

Miguel Bunster

Hi,

I am shooting a feature film in June in 12 days pretty intense but a good small and fun project. I am building now the camera package and talking with rentals house. I have a couple questions so any recommendations are really helpful.

As you may guess is HD. Two options F900 or Varicam. there is a lot of night and day exterior in the desert so I think f900 is better for the extra resolution. Its a little bigger thou. I need to move fast. I have worked a lot with f900 and like it but what a big camera. There are some days (two nights) totally hand held.

I am looking into getting the Pro 35 adapter but most probable thing I will be able to get only for one camera (two camera show). Second camera will be for inserts and things so not that worry about it. Any opinions if its too bad idea to use one with it only?

If i don?t get the pro 35 I was looking at the Zeiss digiprimes. I do want to work most of the time on a zoom (not the hand held gona kill me). Any good zoom anyone can recommend me? there is a lot of tight shots but I have used once before a 10-250 (I think) and was not impressed with the quality. Any good zoom anyone can recommend me?

Maybe in the range of 7-85 or similar. I would love one from the wide range to a longer like 150mm. A lot of rack focus so breathing is a big issue. I have done before the rack focus using the back focus as the rack but is time consuming some times.

I have used different onboard monitors with waveform included. I like this so I don?t need to run to monitor all the time to check the exposure and etc. Any good experience with good onboard monitors?

I am staying away from paint boxes and less I have someone dealing with it.

I am planning to get one good 20" monitor.

If I end using the pro 35 I was planning to use super speeds lenses but again I am worried that camera A will have a set of 35mm lenses and B will have HD lenses. What is a good combinations of lenses to match to an acceptable place like digi primes with some 35mm lenses?

On the night exteriors I will not use the pro35 to get the stop.

I am doing some extreme stuff for the end where I plan to put heavy diffusion on the camera but then crank up the gamma and black levels to bring contrast back. Gonna test this and post some images.

Any good recommendations for hand held on f900 (Dona it and wow its heavy)...?

A lot of the look will be built in camera and so far I am looking at a couple of rental houses.

O and plan to use streak filters any ideas on what I have to be aware with them?

I am shooting in Phoenix so If any has shoot there and can recommend me people would be great. Still figuring out if I take crew. But I rather use people from there.

O...and i am worried about the heat there..so hot...any issues with the varicam or f900 under hot weather I should know and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

Best

Miguel