timing with hdw 750 v2

bertrand mouly

Hello;

i'm working with the new version of 750 hdw (v2) which as a better range of contrast.

i'm using the scene file film T.1 0,45 and put matrix off; as recomended by the camera department here in paris.

Do anybody knows if it is the best settings to use in order to have the best range of work after for timing.

I tried several gamma and i find this one is the best to achieve a rich image.

( other settings: matrix off; dcc off; detail on but detail white and black limit to minimum; knee off; white clip off)

the result is a very flat and desaturate picture but it seems to be the best way to tape as information as possible. and i find that the knee and slope setting are very tricky to use that's why i put them off.

thank you for your replies and observations.

the forum is great ...

P.S.: the shooting concern a drama for t.V.

You may want to turn DCC "on"; it's the camera's auto-knee. The autoknee does a decent job of pulling in extreme highlight detail, much better than leaving it "off."

Hi there,

I am also working with the 750p camera. I have few questions concerning post production. First we are filming in PAL on location in athens greece. this is where the camera was rented from. But we are coming back to the states for post and this is where it will ultimately be screened.

The camera runs in 25p, so my question revolves around the considerations to take into account when finishing in 24p for possible film out, D-5 finish and dvd. It has been mentioned that going to 24p will involve the dropping of one frame and thus affecting the audio over time. Is there anything else to be aware of?

Also, what might be an efficient way to go through this process? Our HDcam tapes will be 25p, and we're going back to 24p for final, what should be a good approach to this. All our post facilities are at our school in southern california... Any suggestions would be helpful, we are completely new to this

Yes ok for the DCC; but it goes off and on by itself! source of problems!

it clips white on or off sometimes in the same shot ....ouch

does anybody already timed from HD dailies?

sorry for 24 or 25 i don't have the single idea...