Color correcting DvcproHD images.

etiennecaron

We plan to transfert our short film shoot in s16mm in Panasonic DvcproHD for online editing and the Dop want to see how far can he color correct the images by using DvcproHD native images or clips.

I know thats not the same thing as we plan to do *(16mm to DvcproHD is not like Varicam and the way the footage will look from the Panasonic's camera) but guess it will bring a good idea what we can do and cannot do if we can download somes natives DvcproHD footages.

I know we can order a DVD from the Panasonic Web site with dvcproHD clips ready to import in FCP, but i,m from Canada and its only for U.S... I,m wondering where on the net i can download clips or images in DvcproHD (shot with a Varicam for exemple) that i can play with.

thank you.

• Premium Member
I know we can order a DVD from the Panasonic Web site with dvcproHD clips ready to import in FCP, but i,m from Canada and its only for U.S...

Do you mean video files encoded with the DVCPro HD codec, stored on a DVD as data? Or do you mean video footage on a DVD, in which case it's MPEG-2, not DVCPro HD.

In any case, I couldn't find the DVD you're referring to on their website.

Do you mean video files encoded with the DVCPro HD codec, stored on a DVD as data? Or do you mean video footage on a DVD, in which case it's MPEG-2, not DVCPro HD.

In any case, I couldn't find the DVD you're referring to on their website.

http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo...X200-dvd_hd.asp

Ive read that on Panasonic www you can order somes DVD with DvcproHD clips. I Guess that DVD you can order Its a introduction to HVX200 and there is some footage in DvcproHD to try in FCP. Its a way to Panasonic that their workflow work fine.

Dont want clips absolutly. Stills is fine, its just to see how the codec (8 bits) can handle color correction.

thanks

• Premium Member
Its a introduction to HVX200 and there is some footage in DvcproHD to try in FCP. Its a way to Panasonic that their workflow work fine.

I have that disc. I popped in my Mac and the DVD-ROM feature says you need Interactual Player 2.6, which is only available for... Windows.

This falls into the catagory of "WTF"....