Tungsten lights w/neon

I will be shooting soon in a gym that has some overhead neon lights. The ceilings are very high like in a warehouse. I'll probably have 6 Ks of lights (2 2Ks-2 1Ks) at my disposal and shoot with a 200 stock.

Do I need to take into account neon lights above and would they give a greenish tint despite the Tungsten lights overpowering them?

Alex

www.alexardenti.com

http://profile.myspace.com/alexardenti

• Premium Member

Do you mean the gym has fluorescent lights?

You'll have to determine the color temperature of the overhead lights. Chances are they're cool white tubes, which are close to 4300K and have a green spike. You probably won't be able to overpower all the green with the lights you have (depending on your shots and lighting setup), so you might consider gelling your tungsten units to match.

Do you mean the gym has fluorescent lights?

You'll have to determine the color temperature of the overhead lights. Chances are they're cool white tubes, which are close to 4300K and have a green spike. You probably won't be able to overpower all the green with the lights you have (depending on your shots and lighting setup), so you might consider gelling your tungsten units to match.

So sorry, yes, I mean fluorescent lights.

What color gels do I need to balance it out?

I'm guessing the fluorescent lights alone will give me a reading well beow 2.0 and my lighting setup will be at 4.0 when I shoot.

Alex

www.alexardenti.com