Kodak EXR 200T using C41 in a G3 tank

If people want to try to use C41 in home tanks I would suggest them to go ahead. I have developed 15m of an old kodak EXR stock using the C41 from Nova 'Pro Speed 41 Press Kit' (2 bath kit). No pre-removal pf the rem-jet was used but the developer came out completely black. Unfortunately I over developed (15 passes) but the results were very nice. I will be trying to proccess another film stripe with the black developer to see if it's still usable and once I have a backlight for my scanner i will post some images. But again, i believe if someone wants to experiment, it's worth trying. I would suggest the following times for the nova kit:

developer - 8 passes

bilix - 8 passes

@37C

• Premium Member
If people want to try to use C41 in home tanks I would suggest them to go ahead. I have developed 15m of an old kodak EXR stock using the C41 from Nova 'Pro Speed 41 Press Kit' (2 bath kit). No pre-removal pf the rem-jet was used but the developer came out completely black. Unfortunately I over developed (15 passes) but the results were very nice. I will be trying to proccess another film stripe with the black developer to see if it's still usable and once I have a backlight for my scanner i will post some images. But again, i believe if someone wants to experiment, it's worth trying. I would suggest the following times for the nova kit:

developer - 8 passes

bilix - 8 passes

@37C

The rem-jet will usually come off in the high pH developer. If you are lucky, it will just float in solution. If you are unlucky, some particles will get embedded in the emulsion. Always wash/rinse well before using a squeegee on the film, as any particles left on the film are most likely to be embedded then.