DVX prices

Jason Reimer

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Generally with these sites, if it's too good to be true, then it is. And this price is so low it's just silly.

The guys over at DVXUsers.com often recommend evsonline.com.

good luck.

Yeah, as I've researched this, I've found that most of those places are part of one ring of gray market scammers that are all located in and around Brooklyn, NY. Like you said, don't go ANYWHERE near them, unless you want to get ripped off.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, this may be a little late, but i can give good advice here.

first, let me say that about 70 percent of the websites selling this baby are friggin scams . . . very dissappointing. they all have their own way of tricking you too. typical one is where they list of the camera specs, but then never mention what you'll get . . . so you end up with an import model with no internal hardware or anything else important . . . and then you have to pay a restock fee of course. i almost got scammed that way, and luckily by God's grace i got out, but you may not be so fortunate.

all i can say is, go with a panasonic authorised dealer, or procede cautiously through the used market. good luck!

wow, this may be a little late, but i can give good advice here.

first, let me say that about 70 percent of the websites selling this baby are friggin scams . . . very dissappointing. they all have their own way of tricking you too. typical one is where they list of the camera specs, but then never mention what you'll get . . . so you end up with an import model with no internal hardware or anything else important . . . and then you have to pay a restock fee of course. i almost got scammed that way, and luckily by God's grace i got out, but you may not be so fortunate.

all i can say is, go with a panasonic authorised dealer, or procede cautiously through the used market. good luck!

Yeah, God's grace bailed us out too, because we were able to cancel our order before anything bad happened, and I found an audio/video consulting company locally that is an authorized dealer, and was able to get us the camera quickly. The other good thing is that now if we have any problems, we have someone we can go to in person, and I know that they are trustworthy. But 13 more days and I'm off to India to start my first real documentary. Hopefully all of my preparation hasn't been in vain...