angenieux 25x250mm HR problem

leone

I have had problems with a zoom 25x250HR angenieux, and I need help to understand. When we zoom from 100mm to 250mm, at 3.5 Tstop, the border image become gloomy, only the center of the frame matain the corret exposure. Could you help me, to known what is happening? When we are in other position under 100mm, everything is ok... Thank you very much for your attention, regards, Leone.

leone@dialdata.com.br

• Premium Member
I have had problems with a zoom 25x250HR angenieux, and I need help to understand. When we zoom from 100mm to 250mm, at 3.5 Tstop, the border image become gloomy, only the center of the frame matain the corret exposure. Could you help me, to known what is happening? When we are in other position under 100mm, everything is ok... Thank you very much for your attention, regards, Leone.

leone@dialdata.com.br

Hi,

When you stop the lens down is it OK?

Are you talking about the very edges or more into the frame?

Where is the lens focused at?

From looking at the Angeniux web site (also Cookes) the Zoom lenses don't cover S35 strictly speaking. However most work well and will cover 1:185.

Stephen

Hi,

When you stop the lens down is it OK?

Are you talking about the very edges or more into the frame?

Where is the lens focused at?

From looking at the Angeniux web site (also Cookes) the Zoom lenses don't cover S35 strictly speaking. However most work well and will cover 1:185.

Stephen

Hello, thank you for your attention! My focus is in infinite or around 80m, the F-stop is in 3.5, and the zoom close from 100mm to 250mm, we don't have mateboxes or masks in the camera..., the "border" is very "in" in the TV safe area. Look this frames in atach, one in the begining and oder in the end of the take, one more time, thank you.

post-13019-1149683887.jpg

• Premium Member
Hello, thank you for your attention! My focus is in infinite or around 80m, the F-stop is in 3.5, and the zoom close from 100mm to 250mm, we don't have mateboxes or masks in the camera..., the "border" is very "in" in the TV safe area. Look this frames in atach, one in the begining and oder in the end of the take, one more time, thank you.

Hi,

Does the vignetting show up on the film? The reason why I ask is that with the 18mm Zeiss on my Ultracam there is a problem in the eyepiece but the film is fine!

Stephen

Hi,

Does the vignetting show up on the film? The reason why I ask is that with the 18mm Zeiss on my Ultracam there is a problem in the eyepiece but the film is fine!

Stephen

YES! these frame is one take we made with that 25x250mm, the "vignetting" is in the negative, and I'm shure, we don't have mateboxes or another kind of external problems..., I try contact Angenieux, but they don't answer me, yet. The great mistery is we are using from 105mm to 250mm, I suspect something in the diaphragm system but I don't have knownleadge about, Thank you one more time, regards, Leone.

• Premium Member
YES! these frame is one take we made with that 25x250mm, the "vignetting" is in the negative, and I'm shure, we don't have mateboxes or another kind of external problems..., I try contact Angenieux, but they don't answer me, yet. The great mistery is we are using from 105mm to 250mm, I suspect something in the diaphragm system but I don't have knownleadge about, Thank you one more time, regards, Leone.

Hi,

Clearly there is something wrong. Is there any built in filter holder in the lens?

Stephen

Hi,

Clearly there is something wrong. Is there any built in filter holder in the lens?

Stephen

No, but if it was the problem i thing we have more "border" in the open (105mm) position, and we have it more intense in the close position of the lens (250mm), its really strange. thank you one more time. regards, Leone.

leone@dialdata.com.br

The only time I have had problem with Angenieux 10:1 lens is when I want to use it for S35 format, and then only when using it full frame (1.33:1). This lens was not made for S35!

The more you close the aperture the less it vignettes. The same thing happens for an example with the Zeiss DigiZoom 6-24mm on Thomson Viper, even though that lens is designed for that kind of camera (2/3" chip)!

Tomas Örn T.

www.internet.is/tomastomasson

• Premium Member
The only time I have had problem with Angenieux 10:1 lens is when I want to use it for S35 format, and then only when using it full frame (1.33:1). This lens was not made for S35!

Tomas Örn T.

www.internet.is/tomastomasson

Hi,

Most zooms are designed with 35mm Acadamy in mind. However a 30 year Cooke 20-100 covers S35 1:185 without issue as long as you take the mask of the front! Full S35 at the corners from about 23mm-100 throughout the focus range.

The old Angeniux 25-250 'portholed' wide open with acadamy 35mm. That is one of the reasons they sell for under $500 on EBay.

Closing down any lens a couple of stops usually solves any issues.

Stephen