Projecting footage shot with a K-3

Nitay Artenstein

Hi everyone,

Is it a realistic option to project footage shot with the K-3? I understand that since it will not run film in a perfectly steady speed, there will be slight variations in exposure from frame to frame, and this will show up during projection.

Am I mistaken? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Nitay

• Premium Member
Is it a realistic option to project footage shot with the K-3? I understand that since it will not run film in a perfectly steady speed, there will be slight variations in exposure from frame to frame, and this will show up during projection.

If it is off that much, it needs to be sent into the shop to be serviced. Unless you want to have to have a frame by frame job done if you do a digital film. Even my Old 1930's Devry can shoot constantly exposed frames if I can find it double perf film.

Hi everyone,

Am I mistaken? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Nitay

Are you asking about the K-3 in general, or do you have one that runs that badly. I can't imagine they are all that bad. In some cameras the first frames are a bit off do to the time it takes for the mechanism to get up to speed. If it's that bad it you'd hear it.