Eumig c16 (non-reflex)

grantsmith

Hi there,

I've just purchased an old eumig c16. It dosnt have reflex viewing and the lens can't be moved around like on the bolex for focussing(it's the single turret version).

Does anyone have any advice on shooting handheld? i.e parallax and focussing tips.

Do i need to use a tape measure?

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Eumig C16R (same as yours, but with tele and wide converters on swing-arms), and it's a great camera for handheld and "B" camera work. I particularly like the ability to preset the runtime. The only issue that I have with it is the door seems "loose" - although I've not had a fogging problem, I always put black gaffer tape around it when I shoot outside.

To answer your questions: the knob on the righthandside of the viewfinder eyepiece is the parallax corrector, if you turn it you will see the mask inside the finder move to correct the framing. Focus is by tape or guestimate - and don't forget, if you are working at very close distances you measure from the film plane [marked with a circle with a line through it just in front of the door latch].

The instruction manual is available online at www.marriottworld.com (I think there are 2 "t"'s in it).

Enjoy.

• 8 months later...