A trailer for a film I made

Guest peter orland

Hi birdman.

Some of the shots are good - the lighting and the framing are nice - some of the shots seem a tad soft.

The narration mic is popping quite a bit in the voice over.

The foley on the soft shoe is a bit out of place.

The music feels a little heavy for the trailer but in the context of the movie it might work.

The acting doesn't seem to bad.

Thanks

• Premium Member

The profile singles at the beginning of the trailer are pretty blown out, and look very videoish because of it. I would try to bring them down a bit if you can. They're out of place compared to the rest of the stuff, which seems more properly exposed.

The clicking heels sound over the shot of sneakers is pretty bad. It really jumped out at me immediately. You should get rid of that.

I like your composition in most of the shots. Very interesting. Except for my suggestions above, (which I think can be fixed) I think you've done a nice job. Keep shooting!

Which camera did you shoot on?

Please change your screen name to your real name so we know who we're talking to.

Thanks so much for your input guys, I greatly appreciate it. I've changed my name to my real name as was suggested. I hope to show you guys much more, and I truly am noting everything you guys are saying, since you guys are professionals and know WAY more than me.

One thing to keep in mind which I'm sure you're well aware of, is that youtube especially i've found, takes down the quality of these videos greatly, I was wondering if there's any other place that could host them and would get a better compression rate.

Thanks.

Oops, I forgot to mention, I used two cameras for this film. I used a Sony DSR 250 for most of it, and a Canon GL2 for the beginning. Both were the best cameras I've worked with so far, and the Sony let me do all of those night shots with out too much trouble.