Question about Fisher 9 dolly

Wilkin Chau

I hope this doesn't sound too dumb but how to you alter the fisher 9 so that it works on curved track? I have never used one before and looking at the pictures I don't see tab or leg locks like you would see on a Chapman Peewee.

I'm used to the Peewee dolly where there are tab and leg locks on it. PLus is there a manual online for the Fisher series? I found one for the Peewees (chapman-leonard.com) but couldn't find one online so far. I already went to jlfisher.com

Thanks

Yeah basically on both the 9 and the 11, (They are esentially the same, one is just bigger then the other.) you have your standard wheels that go ontop of the track, then like mentioned earlier, skateboard like wheels sort of clip onto the inside of the track to make sure the dolly stays on track when it is moving. the grip has to steer the dollie around the curve in the track though.

Yeah basically on both the 9 and the 11, (They are esentially the same, one is just bigger then the other.) you have your standard wheels that go ontop of the track, then like mentioned earlier, skateboard like wheels sort of clip onto the inside of the track to make sure the dolly stays on track when it is moving. the grip has to steer the dollie around the curve in the track though.

Oh you mean speed wheels? Those are the only kind of wheels I know that would resemble a skateboards.

So I'd just plunk the dolly on top of the 1 pair of speed wheels and away I go. For some reason I thought there was something I had to adjust on the dolly itself like you would on the Peewee.

Thanks.

You could use 'speedwheels' if you wanted, but the fisher 11 has a built in system for putting the dolly on track. I don't know the technical term for them, but there are small wheels (that look like skateboard wheels) built into each wheel on the dolly. Once you have the dolly lined up on the track and the main/large wheels are disengaged/unlocked by removing the pins, you bring the small wheels down from their retracted position and lock them into place. They run perpendicular to the main wheels that ride on the track. The system works, but everything needs to line up perfectly and you'll want some pledge or whatever you like to use for getting rid of dolly squeeks on hand.

-Jake Kerber

D.P.

L.A.