HD Lenses

Guest rdegracia

Guest rdegracia

What kind of lenses have you experienced with shooting on HD for film?

What about the new Cooke S4HD Zoom o r the Panavision HD Zoom?

Do you prefer Digiprime or Ultraprime lenses by using Pro35Adapt?

Any suggestion? any problems you experienced?...

Thanks in advance!!!

;)

• 4 weeks later...

You can only use Panavision lenses on Panavised Sony HDW-F900 (Unless they have Panavised somthing that I dont know about yet :( )... which is now outdated. with the release of 4:4:4 HDC-F950 and Viper.

In which case, you best bet is Zeiss Digiprime. If, however, you insist on using the outdated Pana/sony HDW-F900.... then by all means, Panavision Primo.

I dont think any other lenses compete with Zeiss and Panavision. So I cant tell you about the Cooke S4HD Zoom.

These are just my ramblings.

Landon D. Parks :blink:

I experienced that the interforcus of the digiprime almost looks like a small zoom.

I don't like it that much!

? Do you mean breathing ? If so, I'm amazed, in my experience with them, breathing was non-existant.

-Sam

• Premium Member

Zeiss zooms tend to have that problem. The primes are great though.

I've used both the Panavision Digital Primo primes and the Zeiss Digi-Primes and they are very similar in performance. I had an easier time doing the back-focus adjustment with the Zeiss Digi-Primes for some reason. I did a whole feature using the Zeiss Digi-Primes mostly but my experience with the Digital Primo primes was limited to a few Steadicam shots in "D.E.B.S." last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

"I experienced that the interforcus of the digiprime almost looks like a small zoom.

I don't like it that much!

It is mostly on the Digiprime zoom lens."

The Digiprime zoom lens? do you mean the DigiZoom? Are you sure you were using a Digizoom? As far as I know, we have not started to sell the DigiZooms yet. I am just curious to know which lens you had that problem with.