FX1 NDs

Ignacio Aguilar

Hi,

I'm in prep to shoot a 2 minute short with this camera in two weeks. I've already done some tests, but I don't own the camera and I won't be able to use it again until the actual shooting. A monitor won't be possible either during the shooting since we'll be at an abandoned town without a generator, so I'll use my lightmeter instead to judge exposure.

I've found that at 0db gain this camera has and ASA rating somewhere between 125-160 (I'll rate it at 160 to avoid overexposures). But I haven't checked the built-in ND filters and I don't know how I should rate the camera with ND1 and ND2.

I'm after a shallow focus look and I want to use the end of the zoom at F/2.8 in direct sunlight to shoot some fake interviews.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm in prep to shoot a 2 minute short with this camera in two weeks. I've already done some tests, but I don't own the camera and I won't be able to use it again until the actual shooting. A monitor won't be possible either during the shooting since we'll be at an abandoned town without a generator, so I'll use my lightmeter instead to judge exposure.

I've found that at 0db gain this camera has and ASA rating somewhere between 125-160 (I'll rate it at 160 to avoid overexposures). But I haven't checked the built-in ND filters and I don't know how I should rate the camera with ND1 and ND2.

I'm after a shallow focus look and I want to use the end of the zoom at F/2.8 in direct sunlight to shoot some fake interviews.

Thanks in advance!

I haven´t used the FX1 but I´ve worked with Z1. The DP used the built in ND filters to decide what filters he wanted in front of the lens. If my memory don´t fail me I belive that ND1 was 2.5 stops and ND2 was 5 stops.