Where is M. David Mullen?

I recently attended a "P.O.V. Q&A" at the Cine Gear Expo in Santa Monica on 6/24, and M. David Mullen was listed among an impressive group of DPs scheduled to speak (subject to availability).

As I studied the list, my eyes naturally perked up when I saw David's name, as I've recently read many of his posts. Other attendees included Bob Fisher, James Chressanthis, Jeff Jur, Izzy Mankofsky, George Spiro Dibie, John Simmons and Laszlo Kovacs.

But Mr. Mullen wasn't there! (along with Ellen Kuras and Bob Yeoman)... where were you M. David Mullen? :)

p.s. The panel was also promoting a great new book entitled "Reflections: 21 Cinematographers at Work" which you can find at theASC.com. It's a consolidated account of a number of lectures given by lighting/camera professionals, whose names you will certailnly recognize. This book provides in-depth explanations on how specific scenes from reputable films were shot, including lighting diagrams...etc Check it out.

theASC.com

• Premium Member

I was asked to participate in two panels, one or both, and I chose to be on the Friday one rather than the Saturday one, since I did that last year (showed a clip on DVD, etc.) and wanted to give other people a chance at it. As far as ASC members go, I'm not one of the more famous ones afterall... don't want to wear out my welcome.

• Premium Member

David has been here since I can remember, way before me, and I got on here in around late 98 or 99 I think, but not using my name, I think in 2001 I started using my real name instead of a nickname.