names for stuff

ezra

so I'm going to be a grip on an upcoming film and I asked what grip gear they will have. they said they are puting together an order from fryers... local company but also said "We'll have 1 12x12 set, 1 6x6 set, a bunch of 4x4 frames, grid, 1/2 grid, etc."

I am pretty experienced with the typical grip gear however I do not know what they are talking about when they say 12x12 set or grid or 1/2 grid. it would be awesome if you guys could help me out.

-ezra

A "set" of rags often consists of a solid, griff, single and double nets, and a silk.

Grid and light grid is a type of diffusion, they give a nicer quality of diffusion than a silk.

sweet thank you ... now that is lingo I know haha. Im still new at all this stuff.

thank you

o (5) 18x24 solids

o (2) 18x24 singles

o (2) 18x24 doubles

o (4) 4x4 open frames

o (1) 6x6 set (just need the grid, 1/2 grid, griff) o (1) 12x12 set

(just

need the grid, 1/2 grid, griff) o (2) high rollers o (2) 4x4 kinos o

(2) 2x2

kinos o (1) mini flo o (1) 750w source four o (1) chimera lantern (20")

is it a 18X24 single net and double net? or is a single something compleetly different.

and what is a high roller?

does anyone have any sugestions for me?

I'm sorry im such an amature haha but it would be cool If yall could help me.

-ezra

• Premium Member

Most of this stuff is covered in "The Grip Book" by Michael Uva.

The list is just what it says; there are two 18x24" single nets, and two 18x24" double nets.

A high-roller is a stand that folds out to a wide base with wheels on it, and has a grip head on top. Also called an overhead stand, you'll use two of these to support the 12x12' frame.

Most of this stuff is covered in "The Grip Book" by Michael Uva.

The list is just what it says; there are two 18x24" single nets, and two 18x24" double nets.

A high-roller is a stand that folds out to a wide base with wheels on it, and has a grip head on top. Also called an overhead stand, you'll use two of these to support the 12x12' frame.

A high-roller or overhead stand in canada is called a sky-high. The grip book is alright but it doesn't give you all the equipment names plus you have to factor in that there are various names for equipment.

I found that some of the stuff named in the grip book is called something else in Canada. Like a Big ben in US is called a goal post in Canada. Or the 750-2k adapter is usually called a buttplug. Some 2K lights are called blondes while some 1K's (red backing) are called redheads. You can totally tell whoever made up these nicknames was a guy. :)