Leicina Special - Shutter blocked??

Marc Marti

Hello!

I've purchased recently a Leicina Special and, after using a release cable in one shot, the red "open shutter" pilot light remains enganged, and the camera doesn't want to shoot anymore. What am I doing wrong??

Hi, the dial above the ASA dial should be set to a round dot??? is it ? or is it on 'T'. T will illuminate the red lamp and keep the shutter open for a timed exposure (like bulb setting on a 35mm slr) upon pressing of the trigger, press the trigger release again and the lamp should go out.

Thanks K25rip, but no, the dial is on the round dot... I've never attempted to do a long exposure.

Before inserting the release cable, I've rotated the second release button a few times. I don't know if this information is relevant...

And... voilà! The camera started to work again, but after filming a little bit more, it failed again (this time without any sign of open shutter).

I'm starting to think that the camera is defective... I'll write to the seller tomorrow and I'll let you know...

Yes. With film (K40 and Plus-X) and without it. Now is working again... this is crazy... perhaps it's just a defective connection, as batteries are new.

Tomorrow, if it still works, I'll continue shooting in the afternoon. I have great expectations from that Optivaron lens, but I believe it's very difficult to surpass the sharpness obtained with my Zeiss GS8. What do you think?

And the last question: As the camera has that special gate, I would like to know if the use of the metal pressure plate will damage the camera.

Thanks a lot!