HVX200 Training in Los Angeles?

Jim McMahon

Hello,

Does anyone have any leads on some HVX200 hands-on classes? I've seen the "HVX200 Boot Camp" and think that looks good, but they're not doing any local classes anytime soon. Does anyone have the ultimate class to take? I'd like to send my DP asap, hopefully during July 2006.

Thank you!

Jim

Geez. I'm kinda bummed out here. I can't believe in all of Los Angeles, the center of film production, there aren't any hands-on classes for HVX200. Does no one have any leads on HVX200 classes? Even a little bit? It's sooooooo much better to have a professional give hands-on instruction, rather than just renting the camera and going thru the user's manual. Thanks y'all!

Sincerely,

Jim

The HVX is no more complicated than any other pro video camera really. If you're going to rent one, the rental company will probably be able to give you a feature run-through and show you how to use P2 in about 15 minutes. HVX frame rates aren't hard to grasp and they're spelled out in detail in the manual.

The HVX is no more complicated than any other pro video camera really. If you're going to rent one, the rental company will probably be able to give you a feature run-through and show you how to use P2 in about 15 minutes. HVX frame rates aren't hard to grasp and they're spelled out in detail in the manual.

Thanks for the help everyone! I was interested in giving my DP more than just a 15-minute basic class at the camera house, as we're shooting a feature drama and don't have time to mess around. Additionally, the link you provided actually leads to a site where they DON'T have HVX200 classes. Here's the excerpt from their site http://www.dv24p.net/operators.html:

TRAINING: We currently offer training sessions for the DVX100A, SONY HDRFX1 & HVR-Z1U and the CANON XL2. Training workshops are done in a 2-3 person orientated session starting at $150.00 for a 3 hour workshop. We have a begining, intermediate and advance program. Please contact us regarding training sessions and camera operation training. Please contact us at info@dv24p.net

HOWEVER, HD Bootcamp has just announced another LA-based class on the HVX on July 29th! Hooray! They're the only people on which I've been able to find great reviews:

http://www.hdbootcamp.com/

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Cheers!

Jim