Anamorphic Lens Adaptor

Jim McMahon

Hello,

Has anyone seen an anamorphic adaptor for the HVX200 yet? I googled it, and also checked Century, but no luck.

Side note, and possibly more importantly, will the PS-Technic 35mm lens adaptor for the DVX100 fit the HVX200? Anyone heard of this being done successfully, or know when they plan to release a version for the HVX?

Thanks!

Jim

An HVX with a mini-35. hmmm interesting. If you get some video I want to see some examples (I will even host the footage on my website if you want to show it to others here.)

As far as getting anamorphic without the mini, I would recomend just doing a center extraction. I am assuming your inted output is likley HD or SD material? I dont think you would see any kind of resolution loss on either (even in HD, you wouldnt be changing the size of the pixels, just masking part of the 16x9 image.) so if you can mark your VF then just use that as a guide and apply the matte in post, but do remember to shoot 16x9 original)

Thanks for all the replies. Nice to know the Mini35 adaptor works on the HVX200.

Regarding the anamorphic adaptor, I am trying to find one that uses every bit of chip resolution, but gives me a squeezed 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Doing a center-cut is of course the fall-back option, but then we lose resolution.

Here's an odd question. What happens when you use anamorphic lenses with the mini35 adaptor? Has anyone heard of this, and what were the results?

Thanks a bunch!

Jim

Thanks for all the replies. Nice to know the Mini35 adaptor works on the HVX200.

Regarding the anamorphic adaptor, I am trying to find one that uses every bit of chip resolution, but gives me a squeezed 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Doing a center-cut is of course the fall-back option, but then we lose resolution.

Here's an odd question. What happens when you use anamorphic lenses with the mini35 adaptor? Has anyone heard of this, and what were the results?

Thanks a bunch!

Jim

This thread here might be of some interest to you:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=54396

He used the Panasonic 16:9 anamorphic adapter to achieve 2.35:1